Summer is over and it’s that time of year again! With the kids back in school we thought it’d be helpful to offer parents some bullying and cyberbullying tips. It’s not only important for youth within schools to stand up to bullying, but for parents to ensure they are reinforcing it within the home as well.
- Teach your children that if they see someone being bullied they should not laugh, watch or join in.
- Help kids see the value of offering empathy and support to those who are bullied.
- Be a good example for your children. Model respectful behaviours at home and in your daily interactions.
- Familiarize yourself with online activities. Learn about the websites, blogs, chatrooms and cyberlingo that your children are using.
- Keep the computer in a common area so you can monitor activities.
Find out more on what the Canadian Red Cross is doing to help kids stand up to bullying.